Solar O&M in the Middle East: technical challenges and solutions
The Technical Paper is published in PV Tech Power‘s Volume 13 (December 2017).
MASE, the region’s leading utility solar O&M provider with over 100 MW of operational and underway solar assets under management, has contributed a technical paper in this month’s edition of PV Tech Power, the solar industry’s foremost technical publication.
The technical paper, titled ‘Solar O&M in the Middle East: technical challenges and solutions‘ covers a handful of unique technical and operational challenges facing utility solar operators in the Middle East region and some of the innovative solutions emerging to keep plants running in the harshest conditions. The paper leverages MASE’s on-the-ground operational experience and evaluates a number of technical challenges including:
- The impact of soiling on plant performance, optimal cleaning frequency and methodology;
- Grid instability concerns, availability and the impact of frequency fluctuations;
- Equipment design, vulnerability to harsh environmental conditions and recommendations.
In additional to comprehensive technical analysis, the paper builds upon MASE’s O&M experience and provides real-time insight and actionable observations to assist plant owners, contractors and equipment manufacturers in understanding the unique operational challenges of operating utility solar facilities in the Middle East region.
Authors: Tareq Khalifeh (MASE Director of Operations), Haya Shahatit (MASE Project Coordinator), Ady Almadanat (MASE Project Engineer) and Omar Baker (MASE Project Engineer).
About MASE’s O&M Value Proposition
MASE is dedicated to long term solar performance. Our focus is to become the leading provider of O&M and asset management services for solar plants in the Middle East. Currently, our solar assets under management comprise over 100 MWp of capacity. Our utility solar O&M value proposition covers:
- Peak performance, maximum availability and rapid intervention;
- Local on the ground presence, industry best practices and cutting-edge testing and diagnostics technology;
- Regional partnerships with leading global O&M service providers.